This post gets two titles because an adoring friend wanted me to update and because I am wondering why I am doing this when I should be in bed. It has indeed been awhile and some funny things have happened along the way. Last Tuesday stands out in my mind. Some, if not most, of you have heard these stories, but for those of you that have not I hope you get some laughs out of this. Tuesday morning was spent with some of the football players again. I love bugging guys while they are in the middle of trying to devour an omelet. These guys really are fun to be around. They pretty much take everything in stride (especially coming from a little white girl), so they just laughed when I called them out on stuff. Like when they say "man, we know all this stuff already" and I say "oh really, is that why you keep losing football games?" One such player did ask me if I was going to call him later that day since we were friends now. I said, "Brandon, I don't call boys." Brandon replies, "Ah man, Mary. Well what your number is then? I'm gonna call you today." Hmmm was he joking? Nope. Did I give him my number? Yep. Has he called? Nope. Did I cry myself to sleep last night? Yep. Just kidding. Telling Anthony Dixon to lay off the alcohol during football season was entertaining. Even I had to laugh at what I was saying as I was saying it...mainly because he was also laughing at me. I also busted it while trying to walk down a wet concrete sidewalk that afternoon (I told you Tuesday was eventful). Sometimes I wish someone was following me around with a video camera. Does that make me conceded? (Is it conceded or conceited? I'm dumb.) Okay, maybe a little. I just like to laugh at all the dumb things I do/say. Is that such a crime?
I was not into Bulldog Bash this year. Sorry all you lovers of having sweaty drunks rub up on you and breathe down your neck. We did however break into a house (we knew the person, no worries). That was quite eventful. Saturday brought the 100th day of rain to Starkville. I rather enjoyed myself the 1st half in the luxury of Jane Gray and Allan's living room. When the rain went away, the mud came out for all to play (in). That reminds me, I need to wash off my Chacos. I don't really want to talk about those inches that took away our chance of victory over the purple-lovers.
Okay, I seriously have to wrap this up. I started at Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus today. This is a 6 week rotation. 3 in Clinical, 3 in Food Service. I'm starting in Clinical while Natalie is in FS first. She has to be there at 5am tomorrow. Yuck. That will be me in 3 weeks!!
I hope all my friends know that I love them....I'm not sure why I said that. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
Love and miss.
Being the hard core Mississippi State football fan that I am, I'm going to need to tag along next time you meet with the team. Thanks buddy. I love hearing your stories!
ReplyDeleteLove you! Thanks for the update, I was started to miss my Mary stories. Hope to see you soon (maybe this weekend)!
ReplyDelete